On the Parables - CCS by Robert Govett and published by Classic Publishing.
In assembling numerous pamphlets of Robert Govett on the parables this book has provided believers a resource of immense value for the saints of every age.Though the interpretations were put to pen over one hundred years ago, the soundness of this servant’s understanding and clarity of his insight into these matters has withstood the test of time.
With his usual degree of logic, Govett unfolds meanings lying dormant within the parables. A must read, and in the opinion of many, this book is probably one of the best resource that will ever be available on the subject of the Parables.
Robert Govett was a brilliant English pastor, born in 1813 and died in 1901.
"Mr. Govett wrote a hundred years before his time, and the day will come when his works will be treasured as sifted gold." Charles H. Spurgeon
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
* The Brazen Serpent
* Babylon Mystical and Babylon Literal: The Vision of the Ephah
* The Lamp and its Stand
* Wine and its Bottles: Doctrine and Rites
* The Wheat and the Tares
* The parable of the Mustard Seed Explained
* The Parable of the Leaven Explained
* The Parable of the Pearl of Great Price Explained
* The Drag Net
* The Order of Reward: Or the Parable of the Laborers in the Vineyard Explained
* All Believers Interested in the Parable of the Virgins
* Supplement to the Ten Virgins
* The Parable of the Talents Explained
* The Parable of the Sheep and Goats
* The Unjust Steward: Or the Use of Money