Many Christians today experience Bible teaching in isolated, unconnected pieces, receiving little or no guidance into how these pieces form a coherent picture in Christ. How to Read the Bible through the Jesus Lens presents Christ as the central focus of each biblical book and the primary way the Bible relates to contemporary circumstances. Each book of the Bible has an identifiable theme ultimately fulfilled in the person and work of Christ. Williams provides the following for his readers:
* succinct statement of the theme of every biblical book
* An explanation of how that theme finds its focus in Christ
* A brief discussion of how the New Testament treats that theme as fulfilled in Christ
* Suggestions for contemporary implications
* Scripture memory electronic flashcards
* A convenient summary chart
An excellent tool for Bible teachers, ministry leaders, and students, How to Read the Bible through the Jesus Lens facilitates other Christian disciplines such as Bible reading, Scripture memory and evangelism. By demonstrating how each theme relates to living the Christian life, this book promises to be an invaluable guide for reading and understanding the Bible.